Happy New Year 2014

"animated 2013" "2013 glitter" "2013 flower animated" "2013 gif" "Happy New Year" "2013 text"  "
www.glitter-graphics.com/
2013 went by in a blink of an eye. Looking back on the year, "my 2013 year in review" as Facebook urges me to do with their nifty little app, I am not sure how to feel. 

Do I feel sad that I did not achieve what I wanted to achieve or feel grateful that I had got through the year in one piece? So instead of worrying about the appropriate emotion or reminiscing about 2013, I decided to start 2014 with a simple New Year Resolution :

1) To not stress over things and enjoy life as it is.
Yes. That gray hair on my head every time I look in the mirror does irritate me but I have decided to not stress over it. (Thank Goodness dyes were invented, eh..).. Bills to pay - not stressing over it. My favorite show gets cancelled - not stressing over it... 
"Kitten" "Smiling cat" "smiling kitten" "cute kitten" "smile kitten" "smile"
2) To always smile and treasure the little things in life. 
I may not have much but I am going to be grateful for what I do have.

3) To be charitable and help those in need.
I wish I was a more charitable person. I envy those who could give so much to those in need of help, whether it's money or time. My mom has always been this kind of person. Always ready to give what little she has. I aspire to be like her. 

4) To not be afraid to take a risk and try new things.
Is the grass always greener on the other side?? Maybe I should just take a risk and go on that grass surveying expedition. Who knows I may find that 
"thinking smiley" "wondering smiley" "making decision smiley" "thinking" "wondering"the grass is indeed green.. It could even be the best decision I ever made.. 

5) To be kind in my words and thoughts. 
Yes. I need to stop being a b***h. 
 

"World Peace" "Get along" "co-operation"6) To not let bias or prejudice rule.
I aim to be more accepting of others regardless of race, age, gender and sexual orientation. 

7) Most importantly, that I would always be there for my family and friends and be a good daughter, sister and friend; in other words, be a better person. 
My family is the most important thing in my life and I would always be there for them. I hope that in the year to come, I can make things easier for them and make their dreams come true. 
As for my friends at work, I hope to always be there for them and for those friends living far away, former school and university friends, I should make an effort to keep in touch.   

"fat girl on scale" "Weighing scale" "weighing" "lose weight"
FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I know I should include "lose weight" or "do not touch that muffin, cake, burger, anything that looks delicious" in my New Year Resolution list but I was thinking why make promises I cannot keep. Yes. Yes. I will exercise more, for general health purposes but if that weighing scale stubbornly refuses to move lower, I will not stress over it. 

"Animated hulk" Animated hulk punch" "punch" "hulk punch" "punching 2013" "smashing 2013" "hate 2013"
So for all those who had a 2013 that you wish you could smash away, may 2014 be a better year for you. 
For those who had a wonderful 2013 (I HATE YOU! Kidding. Kidding), then here's wishing 2014 is even better. 

May we have a year that has less calamities, whether man-made or from nature's wrath and less fighting. 

"Happy New Year 2014" "New Year Prayer" "New Year Resolution" "New Year wish" "New Year greetings"

0 Responses

    Translation Tool

    Search This Blog

    Welcome

    Rambling Ame is my name for I love to talk and talk and talk.
    In this blog, I offer my views on everything and anything; Movies, Songs, Celebrities, People and life in general.

    Instagram

    Instagram
    @ameertha79

    My Facebook

    My Twitter

    Follow by Email

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Followers

    My YouTube

    My Music Videos

    My Other Blog

    Mom's Poetry

    Rambling Posts